Chris printed out the TPU parts, assembled the frame, and hung it up on the wall. The battery's going lengthwise after all, so the fuselage will be lengthened.
The motors have to spread out, so I went back to a square X layout.
It'd be strange looking but everything just fits so much better.
The front and back are TPU, and screws will run through the full length. I got the carbon in and rushed out frames to Alex and Patient 0 Chris.
Once the battery goes up on the prop line, well, the props actually have to clear the battery.
So I thought I'd be clever and make it a long frame and run the battery ACROSS the top.
Ooooh, those old Littlebees were from different batches, with different firmware...
I was so fixated on air mode being the problem I neglected to check the esc's. So, properly set up it flew much better (funny how that works).
I could fpv it fine but clearly something was wrong, and I was stumped.
Then Alex plugged it into his laptop and saw that the esc's were all over the place.
With the goal in mind Alex and I spec'd the parts for this frame.